Committed to Responsible Aquaculture
In 2019, The Kampachi® Company received the world’s first ASC (Aquaculture Stewardship Council) certification for Seriola rivoliana. This allows us to claim that our products, King Kampachi® and Kampachito®, have met the ASC‘s global standard for responsibly farmed seafood. To achieve the ASC certification, we submitted to a rigorous third-party audit that evaluated dozens of criteria along seven general principles:
1. Comply with all applicable international, national, and local laws and regulations;
2. Conserve natural habitat, local biodiversity, and ecosystem structure and function;
3. Protect the health and genetic integrity of wild populations;
4. Use resources in an environmentally efficient and responsible manner;
5. Proactively maintain the health and welfare of cultured fish and minimize the risk of disease transmission;
6. Operate farms with responsible labor practices; and
7. Be a good neighbor and conscientious citizen.
In 2020, we remain committed to consciously raise the ocean’s finest fish.
Learn more about the ASC certification at https://www.asc-aqua.org/